“That a work of art is a gift, not a commodity. Or, to state the modern case with more precision, that works of art exist simultaneously in two "economics," a market economy and a gift economy. Only one of these is essential, however: a work of art can survive without the market, but where there is no gift there is no art.” Lewis Hyde
Original Maps, Prints & Broadsides in Limited Editions printed by the artist Steven R Holloway at his press toMAKE™ in Missoula, Montana. Working to keep the world round and beautiful through a practice of Right MAP Making.
- Limited Edition Maps & Prints
- Limited Editioned Maps and Prints are available by contacting Steven at toMake™ Press. Payment can be made either by check, cash, arrangement or online banking. Select either ‘Pay What You Want’ or ‘a Living Wage.’
Pay What You Want: Editions priced based on a value that you determine. Please add $100 to cover my production costs (paper, press, ink, matrices, drawing materials, etc.).
- Pay What You Want + Production Cost
- Living Wage: Editions priced based on my time, practice, experience-effort, cost of materials, and the “gift” or inspiration of art. Includes S+H in North America.
- Broadsides and the Right MAP Making manifesto
- Broadsides are available as either signed or unsigned letterpress editions or PDFiles that can be downloaded.
Signed Letterpress Broadsides editions: Includes S+H in north america, and supports the artist.
- Unsigned Letterpress Broadside editions: Pay What You Want plus S+H. The suggested price is $20.
- Pay What You Want
- Broadside editions as downloadable PDFiles: ‘Pay What You Want’. The suggested price is $5.
- Pay What You Want
- Online Store for toMake™ Press and Steven.
- Support the Artist
These prints and broadsides are owned by and ©Steven R Holloway and all rights are reserved unless otherwise granted to you in writing. When you purchase a print you do not own the content, you are granted use for personal use. You may not make any direct or indirect profit from the use of this product or distribute it without clearly sharing it’s source and credit me – Steven R Holloway. Any other use not stated under the terms is prohibited unless other permission is obtained from (me) Steven R Holloway in writing.